The Any Mountain Project
Help Us Summit Ovarian Cancer
Through Creativity & Research
Any Mountain is a nationwide ovarian cancer awareness and fundraising project. It launched in September 2020 and is the brainchild of Dr. Joanie Mayer Hope, a leading gynecologic oncologist and talented musician. It uses performing arts – including music, dance, and spoken word – to raise awareness and directly fund ground-breaking research into early detection and prevention.
An estimated one in five instances of ovarian cancer are genetic and could be prevented if people took action early. The best ways to determine if you are at an elevated risk for ovarian cancer is to learn your family history and ask your doctor about genetic testing.
Why We’re Climbing This Mountain
OVARIAN CANCER FACTS
- It’s the fifth-deadliest cancer for women
- About 21,750 Americans diagnosed each year
- About 13,940 of these women tragically pass away
- Half of all women with ovarian cancer are aged 63+
- As many as 20% of people diagnosed have genetic risk factors
Four Clear Steps to Taking Action
Step 1: Creativity
Any Mountain started as a song, which was professionally recorded in NYC in 2017. It turned into a remarkable music video, which caught the attention of some of the nation’s leading ovarian cancer researchers.
Step 2: Awareness
Ovarian cancer is fifth deadliest cancer for American women. Early detection and prevention are critical to survival. We’ve developed an online quiz to help people learn whether they have any hereditary risk factors.
Step 3: Fundraising
Fighting this disease is like climbing Mount Everest. It stands at 29,029 feet so our primary goal is to raise $2.9 million which will go directly towards innovative research conducted by the Any Mountain Expedition Team.
Step 4: Research
We are committed to changing the future of ovarian cancer. This includes developing better tests, validating personalized therapy options, and significantly improving the standard of care for American women.
COME AND join the climb!
We Know We’re on The Right Track
Since Our Launch
Early Detection Quiz Completions
You Can Help Us Reach the Summit
Every donation pushes us one step closer to finding the answers we need to change the future of ovarian cancer. The Any Mountain Expedition Team is a unique group of ovarian cancer experts from all around the United States. Their research into detection and prevention will save countless lives.
- Provide access to genetic testing
- Develop an early detection test
- Increase awareness about cancer risk and hereditary factors (particularly for women living in diverse communities)
- Develop better predictors of risk for non-inherited ovarian cancer
- Research on new surgical options to prevent ovarian cancer in high-risk women and preserve ovarian function longer
Funding for the Any Mountain project is managed by the Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MOCA).
- 75% of the funds will be awarded to the Expedition Team for research
- 15% of the funds will be awarded to the non-profit Let Every Woman Know – Alaska for outreach, awareness, creativity, and technology
- 10% of the funds raised go to the MOCA for financial and grants management services.
All funds raised through the Any Mountain project are managed by our partner, the Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MOCA), which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. That means your donation will be eligible for a charitable tax deduction in accordance with IRS regulations.
Meet The Any Mountain
DR. JOANIE MAYER HOPE
Founder, Any Mountain. Founder and Managing Partner, Alaska Women’s Cancer Center. Director of Gynecologic Oncology, Providence Alaska Cancer Center and Alaska Native Medical Center. Surgeon, Alaska Regional Hospital in Anchorage. Founder and former lead vocalist of N.E.D. She’s a fierce advocate for early detection and prevention of ovarian cancer.
It began as a song. It became a video.
It started a movement.
Join the climb! Share these graphics on social media to show your support.